The Mali Service Center (MSC) – an administrative and financial management project financed by the US Government’s National Institutes of Health in association with the University of Bamako is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director to be based in Bamako, Mali.
The MSC Deputy Director is a vital member of the MSC Leadership and shares in the decision-making process with the MSC Director. The Deputy Director is responsible for backstopping the MSC Director in the management of finances and administration of the project through capacity building, internal controls, administration and financial oversight. The Deputy Director serves as acting MSC Director during periods of absence. The MSC Deputy Director is also the point person on administrative and financial system development, both for the MSC and for its clients. In addition, the MSC Deputy Director supports the Director in managing external relations in Mali, both with the University of Bamako and with other stakeholders.
- Essential Qualifications :
- A minimum of 10-12 years of experience in progressively responsible management skills, including administration of programmatic, financial, and analytic activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English, including demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills. The candidates will be tested on their ability to write correspondences in English, as liaison assistance with English speakers is an essential part of the job.
- Demonstrated performance in entrepreneurial development of a business or project.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills including a demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and staff including an ability to interact with a wide range of people from policy makers, practitioners to clients.
- Proven ability in managing US Government agreements, preferably with demonstrated experience in working with US National Institutes of Health interventions.
- Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft office, Sage Accounting software, strongly preferred).
- Proven three years of supervisory experience.
- Work experience in Africa and in Mali preferred.
- Malian citizen preferred.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, financial management, economics, business administration or related field; a CPA is desired.
PS: This job description is an indicative (but not exhaustive) document detailing the main tasks related to the job. The scope can evolve over time to meet the needs of the company.
HOW TO APPLY?
Mention the job title in the mail subject.
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.