AVIS DE RECRUTEMENT
MRHC MALI recherche pour le compte d’un de nos clients du secteur des organisations humanitaires finançant des projets au Mali :
POSTE A POURVOIR : CHARGE DES FINANCES PAYS H/F
The Country Finance Officer has a functional reporting line to the Africa Regional Finance Manager (RFM) for all functional finance matters (ie, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), templates, systems etc.) and a delivery / output reporting line to the Country Manager (CM) for all delivery (output) matters (ie, financial reports, budgets, advice to the local Company management, priority of tasks etc.). The Country Finance Officer is ensuring effective and timely financial management in general and of Company’s supported programs in particular.
Under the lead of the Country Manager and in close consultation with the Regional Finance Manager, the Country Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting and driving the finance management of the Country programs / projects and office in Mali.
- Financial Management of Programs
- Coordinate and assist Country Office in preparing annual and quarterly program budgets and financial reports to the donors and ensure that the donor specific guidelines are adhered to.
- Coordinate with International Finance Officers at HQ, the creation of country-level grants and projects within the accounting system.
- Control and monitoring of program budgets and expenditures and ensure compliance with donor and Company requirements.
- Scrutinize the company’s country project and program financial reports and proactively support the Company’s Country team to timely submit complete and compliant reports to the Company’s Regional Office in accordance with the Company’s SOPs.
- Provide input to the financial overviews of the Company’s region / country project and program portfolio and follow up on grants allocated to the Company’s region/country.
- Support in the development of (and adjustments to) contracts and agreements, activity plans and financial reports and budgets.
- Undertake quality control of cash requests and quarterly financial statements submitted by partners through the responsible delegates and other staff.
- Process the payment of cash requests from National Societies in the Company’s payment system.
- Under the supervision of the RFM, coordinate the yearly financial and performance audits and unannounced cash counting for programs in the country, including tender process for local auditors, instruct these and ensure that guidelines are followed.
- Advise their financial and administrative systems and procedures including on corruption, fraud or misuse of funds.
- Support and facilitate, in close coordination with the Clients Region / Country Team, Company HQ and partners, the compliant completion/closure of projects and programs, including, but not limited to, final financial reporting, final external audit, updating of the clients region / country project and program portfolio overviews, and recording in the accounting system.
- Data processing into AX09 for the reports.
- Prepare and periodically update grant income and expenditure budget for the overall programs in the country.
- Identify capacity development needs and subsequently suggest, design and assist the Company’s Country Team in building the financial management capacity of the National Society, where applicable.
- Periodically undertake field visits to provide on-site support and financial management capacity development
- Country Office financial management
- Ensure monthly reporting of Country Office Accounts including reconciliations.
- Maintain financial records/documentation and an appropriate and efficient financial filing system according to Company’s filing guidelines.
- Processing Company’s Country Office payments and, if applicable, work flow (internal) invoices.
- Plan and organise annual audits of Country Office Accounts in coordination with the RFM.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual plans of actions to address audit findings following the external audit reports and Company’s internal monitoring visit’s recommendations (if any).
- Booking of all entries into the Company’s accounting system.
- Manage cash flow to Country Office.
- Prepare and / or provide input to financial overviews to RFM / Country Manager (CM).
- Provide inputs to the Company’s Country Office budget, follow-up on and revise it as necessary.
- Follow-up on time registration on project budgets by staff at Company’s HQ and the Company’s Regional / Country Office on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the quarterly Consolidated Financial Program Reports.
- Ensure correct posting of transactions booked on programs.
- Monitor the Country Office Master budget through a monthly or quarterly budget monitoring/reporting process.
- Ensure that delegates monthly time registration are approved by CM and submitted to HQ
- Monitor the country grant portfolio by preparing periodically an overview of the grant utilization progress with a projection of expenditures for the rest of the year and advise CM and the program delegates accordingly.
- Registration of local grants and assurance of cash pledges
- Support to CM / Delegates
- Ensure transfer and accounting in AX09 of delegate’s working advances.
- Advise on and support the preparation of appropriate and timely financial reporting of delegates and Country Office
- Brief and assist delegates and other staff on financial issues.
- Advise CM on all matters related to programs and Country Office finances and constantly maintain an overview of the country finance situation.
- Support to delegates on financial administration procedures and matters.
- Ensure that Country Office and delegates apply the Company’s administrative procedures and policies.
- Maintain administrative procedures in the Country Office up to date, including financial filing system.
- Responsible for IT management.
- Stay informed of Government rules and regulations relating to financial management and administration (including HR management) in country.
- General support
- Ensure compliance with financial management and administration procedures (SOPs).
- Stay abreast of relevant Government rules and regulations relating to financial management, including audit, and inform the regional and country teams accordingly.
- Stay abreast of new Company and/or partner guidelines on financial and administrative matters and inform the regional and country teams accordingly.
- Provide backup for other Company Country Office staff, if applicable.
- Provide suggestions and inputs to the continuous development of the financial administration procedures, routines, and processes at regional and Company’s level, e.g. by suggesting revisions the SOPs.
- Perform any other task assigned by the RFM and/or CM.
- The Country Finance Officer will participate in relevant internal meetings, development forums, workshops, courses etc. on the request of the CM.
- Contribute to efficient communication and coordination between the Company’s Head Quarters, the Regional Office, Country Office, delegates on financial matters.
- Monitor and report on any suspicions of corruption, fraud or misuse of funds to CM, RFM and support.
- Professional/academic qualification in finance or accounting (min. degree in commerce).
- Relevant experience of minimum 3 years in finance management and programming.
- Experience in preparing budgets, cash flow statements and financial plans.
- Experience in preparing narrative and financial reports.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced proficiency in excel is a prerequisite.
- Excellent communication, planning, facilitation and coordination skills.
- Ability to monitor budgets and plans.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting software packages.
- Good skills in English speaking and writing are required.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good cultural understanding and the ability to build confidence of partners in a challenging multicultural environment.
- Excellent networking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines.
- Strong team player.
- Organized and self-starter in prioritizing work load.
- Accuracy and fine attention to details.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to assume responsibility.
- Honest and reliable.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Willingness to work away from home and participate in field visits.
- Readiness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience in NGO’s
- Experience of managing and supporting staff.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience from working in development and emergency environments.
- Skills in training and developing staff.
- Achieving transparent, coordinated and effective implementation of sound financial management of the country office and projects in line with the Company’s commitment to donors and program documents, budgets and plan of action.
- Improved technical quality of the programs financial management.
- Timely and quality financial reporting to CM and RFM.
Lieu de travail : Bamako, avec certains déplacements envisageables.
NB : Seul les candidatures retenues seront appelées. Date candidature jusqu’au 21 Aout 2019.
Candidatures et justificatifs des expériences sur firstname.lastname@example.org ou ci-dessous.