MRHC is looking for a Sales Manager on behalf of the Malian BU of a global shipping company.
The Sales/Marketing & BDV Manager will reports to the Liner Manager
As a sales manager you will need to tackle problem solving, team building and team management. It will be your responsibility develop line and agency profitability by identifying new opportunities and routes. You should put in place strategies and action plans, to meet and exceed the sales targets and objectives. The achievement of the above requires integrity, initiative and creative approaches.
- To set strategies that help achieve the annual targets
- To give the line and management visibility on market information
- To build and maintain an effective sales team.
- To monitor, evaluate and report on sales team performance.
Key results area:
- Meet and exceed sales target and grow the overall company profitability
- Focal point for country Manager, Line and local Sales Manager as strategic and tactical sparring partner on pricing, business development, market feedback
- Sales and Marketing assignments from line and management
- To set the needed tactical plans to meet and exceed the set budget
- Promoting the brand and the image of The Group and Malian BU
- Identify needs and key selling factors for local customers, and formalize those into actionable plans and strategies. Identify the action plans and cascade the tasks to the assigned territories
- To make sure sales process is strictly followed by sales team and deviations are minimized
- Build and maintain good relationship with local governmental authorities related to shipping and logistics
- Guide the sales team to build and maintain good relations with the shipping intermediates like the truckers, clearance agents, customs authority
- Manage and coach a team of individuals to optimize performance including setting account strategies, creating account plans, negotiation and service delivery. Set goals with the team and track progress using KPIs and take corrective action where necessary.
- Maintain relationships with top accounts and pro-actively search for new accounts
- Develop local sales support tools and assist in building individual customer strategies
- To be fully in charge of pricing in line with The Group guidelines and conduct pricing surveys as well as collecting feedback from sale team on market rates level
- To collect and analyze market details regarding competition on their performance, products and services
- To ensure sales and marketing team follows the regulations of international competition laws while collecting information about competition. like the Anti-Trust law and European competition law
- To study and investigate local connections and provide deployment suggestions
- Ensure that the gathered knowledge about the market and competition is properly reported to the line and is translated into actions by Sales
- Identify business opportunities short and long term based on market intelligence
- Identify and develop all corridors and work on Improvement of the imports and exports of each corridor
- Support yield and volume generation by developing and implementing campaigns and ensure development of sales materials that supports sales offers
- Drive customer satisfaction surveys in cooperation with Sales and Customer service
- Drive and support close interaction, knowledge sharing and coordination between the sales & marketing department and all other departments of the company.
- Share the volume forecasts, seasonality and allocation information with the operations department and the line to ensure avoiding equipment shortage and arrange allocations priorities
- Review and analyse the regular sales team reports to monitor and adjust team performance and take necessary measures to catch up with the budget
- Evaluate the sales individual performance on regular basis and try to adjust any weakness in any from the team members and conduct appraisals on Jun and Dec of each year
- Check the team members trainings needs either internal or external and approve accordingly
- Handle customers complaints timely and make sure issue is solved at your level to avoid further escalation of service frailer
- The Group budget vs actual performance in terms of volume and revenue
- Malian BU budget vs actual performance in terms of volume and revenue
- Sales team budget vs actual performance in terms of volume and revenue
- Percentage of active accounts per month by sales individual
- Number of sales calls / weeks by all sales rep
- Percentage of completion of assignments on time
- Number of acquisitions per month
- Percentage of submitting sales and marketing reports on time
- Average number of sales leads per week by all sales team
- Average number of rate requests per week by all sales team
- percentage of customers complaints or service failure solved
- Ability to build and lead a team which will be evaluated by direct manager.
- Evaluation of your relation with your customers and business intermediates in view of marketing feedbacks and random customer satisfaction surveys by direct manager.
- Evaluation of your relation and coordination with colleagues, subordinates, managers and other departments as per direct manager perspective and 360-degree feedback.
Know-how/Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial development in the logistics sector, especially maritime
- Strong salesperson, influencer and negotiator with exceptional presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, combined with great listening skills
- Radical and innovative thinking
- Proactive, autonomous
- Stress resistant
How to apply?
Application on email@example.com or or apply below by 31th July 2020 at 16h00
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.